EN8 is a medium carbon, hardenable engineering grade steel.
It has high strength compared with bright mild steel, and it is suitable for general engineering uses:
- General purpose axles
- Garden tools
- Hand tools
- Bolts and studs
- Automotive and general engineering components
- Other general engineering parts
|Carbon||0.35 – 0.45%||Silicon||0.05% – 0.35%|
|Manganese||0.60% – 1.00%||Phosphorous||0.06% max|
BSS supply EN8 round bar in black as rolled condition in a hardness of around 230VPN.
Please contact us on 0114 244 0527 (option 2) to make an enquiry.
EN8 is related to:
- BS 970-1991:080M40
- AISI/ASTM A29:1038, 1040, 1045
- DIN Werkstoff No.: 1.0511, 1.1186, 1.1189
- BS & DIN European: C40, CK40, C45, CK45
- JIS G4051: S40C, S45C
We do not supply Mill Certificates with orders, we only supply Certificates of Conformity.