EN8 is a medium carbon, hardenable engineering grade steel.
It has high strength compared with bright mild steel, and it is suitable for general engineering uses.
BSS supply EN8 round bar in the following conditions:
Black, as rolled.
|Carbon||0.35 – 0.45%||Silicon||0.05% – 0.35%|
|Manganese||0.60% – 1.00%||Phosphorous||0.06% max|
BSS typically supply EN8 in a hardness of around 230VPN.
EN8 is related to:
- BS 970-1991:080M40
- AISI/ASTM A29:1038, 1040, 1045
- DIN Werkstoff No.: 1.0511, 1.1186, 1.1189
- BS & DIN European: C40, CK40, C45, CK45
- JIS G4051: S40C, S45C
- General purpose axles
- Garden tools
- Hand tools
- Bolts and studs
- Automotive and general engineering components
- Other general engineering parts